As we inch back to “normal” in-person small group meetings will be allowed with strict guidelines. Contact Pam to reserve a date, time, and location for your meeting of up to 20 people. All Zoom meetings will be scheduled through Sandy Knapp.
- Sunday Worship—Sunday worship will now be held in-person as well as via Facebook and YouTube. Worship starts at 10:00 a.m. The order of service will be emailed in advance and posted on the Worship page.
- Sunday School—There will be no Sunday School on December 26th and January 2nd. You can contact Lisa Marciniak for further information: email@example.com.
- Knitting Ministry—We meet the 2nd Tuesday of the month at 1:00 p.m. at the church, subject to COVID restrictions.
- Men’s Fellowship Breakfast—This group meets at 6:00 a.m. at the Phenix Square Restaurant. December’s meetings are on the 3rd, 17th, and 31st. All men are welcome.
- United Methodist Women—The UMW will not be meeting in December. We will be collecting winter hats, mittens, socks and gloves for Project Outreach, a ministry closely aligned with Shepherd of the Valley. A large box will be placed in the narthex of the church. Thank you for your support!
- Wednesday Wisdom Seekers—The Wednesday Wisdom Seekers study group will be continuing the video series, The History of Christian Theology. In it, exploring who Jesus was, his impact on the Western World, and the power Christian faith has in the life of believers. We will leam about the diverse beliefs and practices within the wider Christian community through the perspectives of believers, scholars, and theologians developed from the dawn of Christianity to the present, probing common questions and enriching our own experiences of this great faith. We meet on Wednesdays from 6:30 to 8:00 p.m. via Zoom. All are welcome and there’s no need to have done a prior study, or even the start of this one.
- Women in Spiritual Harmony (WISH)—WISH will be starting their Advent study on December 1st, The Women of Christmas by Liz Curtis Higgins. According to the book description, a sacred season is about to unfold for three women whose hearts belong to God. Elizabeth is barren, yet her trust in God remains fertile. Mary is betrothed in marriage, yet she is willing to bear God’s Son. Anna is a widow full of years, yet she waits patiently, prayerfully for the Messiah to appear in the temple courts. Following in their footsteps, you too can prepare for the Savior to enter your heart, your mind, and your life in a vibrant, new way.
Please note that this Zoom “room” is also available to church members who do not have a Zoom account and want to connect with other members, family, or friends. Please check with Sandy Knapp or the church office to be sure nothing else is scheduled.