As we inch back to “normal” in-person small group meetings will be allowed with strict guidelines. Contact Pam to reserve a date, time, and location for your meeting of up to 20 people. All Zoom meetings will be scheduled through Sandy Knapp.
- Sunday Worship—Sunday worship will now be held in-person as well as via Facebook and YouTube. Worship starts at 10:00 a.m. The order of service will be emailed in advance and posted on the Worship page.
- Sunday School—Sunday School will be held during worship each Sunday. Children will attend the first part of service with their families before being dismissed to class. Please note there will be no Sunday School on December 26 or January 2.
- Communion Sunday—Pastor Effie will be offering communion during worship the first Sunday of each month. If you would like to
participate remotely, have some juice and some kind of bread or cracker which she will bless during worship.
- Kids’ Sign Language Choir—Rehearsals will be held Sunday mornings before worship from 9:15 to 9:45.
- Youth Group—This group meets monthly from 6:00 to 7:00 p.m. at the church. It is open to those in middle through high school.
- Knitting Ministry—The Knitting Ministry meets the 2nd Tuesday of the month at 1:00 p.m. at the church, subject to COVID restrictions.
- Men’s Fellowship Breakfast—This group meets at 6:00 a.m. at the Phenix Square Restaurant. January’s meetings are on the 14th and 28th. All men are welcome.
- United Methodist Women—The UMW will meet on Thursday, January 20th at 11 :00 a.m. in the Hope Room. It will be a surprise topic of discussion this month. You are welcome to bring a lunch.
- Wednesday Wisdom Seekers—The Wednesday Wisdom Seekers study group will be continuing their video series, The History of Christian Theology, exploring who Jesus was, his impact on the Western World, and the power Christian faith has in the life of believers. We will learn about the diverse beliefs and practices within the wider Christian community through the perspectives of believers, scholars, and theologians developed from the dawn of Christianity to the present, probing common questions and enriching our own experiences of this great faith. We meet on Wednesdays from 6:30 to 8:00 p.m. via Zoom. All are welcome and there’s no need to have done a prior study, or even the start of this one.
- Women in Spiritual Harmony (WISH)—WISH will be completing the last two chapters of their Advent study, Women of Christmas, the first two weeks in January and then completing our study on Being United Methodist: What it Means, Why it Matters by J. Ellsworth Kalas the last two weeks of the month. This study explores questions such as: Who are these people called “United Methodists”? Where have they come from? Where are they going? And how is it that so few of them really know what it means to be a United Methodist? What makes them tick? And in a spasmodic world, what keeps them ticking? WISH meets via Zoom on Wednesdays from 9:30 to 11:00 a.m.
Please note that this Zoom “room” is also available to church members who do not have a Zoom account and want to connect with other members, family, or friends. Please check with Sandy Knapp or the church office to be sure nothing else is scheduled.