Giving in these Uncertain Times
Even as we return to in-person services, our financial needs remain and are even greater at this time. Since the height of the pandemic, our our weekly giving has been down. Many are not able to give due to layoffs or other reductions in income, and there are greater demands from those with reduced financial circumstances. Please give however is most convenient for you:
- Give Electronically—Use this link to give electronically: https://sovumc.org/give-now/ Or use the Vanco Mobile app: How to Give using Vanco Mobile
- Regular Giving—If you normally give by cash or check on Sunday mornings, please mail your contributions to the church or use the link above (use the “General Fund” category).
- Electronic Funds Transfer—If you would prefer not to have to mail your contribution but have it deducted from your checking account, contact the church office. Also contact the office if you would like to increase your regular gift during this time, or need to decrease it.
- Pastor’s Discretionary Fund—This fund is available to Pastor Effie to provide short-term financial assistance for food, rent, utilities, or other needs for members of our church and community as well as for other ministerial needs.
We want to thank you for all your contributions to the work of SOV. Here are just some of the ways you have made a difference in the lives of others.
- Our church helps support Open Table of Christ, the mission church in Providence, where many are fed, spiritually and physically.
- Our food pantry helps feed people in our own community.
- Our medical assistance fund helps those caught by unexpected medical bills.
- Nationally and internationally, UMCOR (United Methodist Committee on Relief) is there representing us in times of natural disaster, and remains to help put people back on their feet
These examples are just a few of the ways in which you have helped others. If you go to the UMC.org website, you can find literally hundreds of ways Methodists help others here and abroad.
One again, thanks for all you do.